Psalm 103 - calling Abba Father
Meditating Psalm of David on Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving day)
By Dr. Moses Lee
I numbered it again regardless of the verses. The word 'praise' is בָּרְכִי in Hebrew. It means 'Blessing'. We can bless the Lord as he blesses us.
Blessings are made in eight directions.
- The Lord blesses us.
- We bless the Lord.
- We bless each other.
- We bless our own souls.
- The Lord blesses the angels.
- The angels bless the Lord.
- The Lord blesses all creation.
- All creation bless the Lord.
I could feel the greatest happiness when my daughter, at the age of 5, said to me, "Daddy, you're the best daddy in the whole world!", even though I was the only daddy she knew. Her blessing seemed to be stronger than any other drugs; I hadn’t taken it ever before.
When we bless the Lord saying, “Abba Father, you are the best”, “There’s no one like you, Jesus”, “God the Holy Spirit, you are the best in the whole world!”, the Holy Trinity will almost faint.
What about blessing the Lord with all our heart saying “Abba, Father I bless you” this Chuseok?
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits -
- forgives all your sins
- heals all your diseases
- redeems your life from the pit
- crowns you with love and compassion
- satisfies your desires with good things
- so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's
- works righteousness
- justice for all the oppressed
- made known his ways to Moses
- his deeds to the people of Israel
- is compassionate
- is gracious
- is slow to anger
- is abounding in love
- will not always accuse
- nor will he harbor his anger forever
- does not treat us as our sins deserve
- does not repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him
- as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us
- As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him
for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children - with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
The LORD has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all.
Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word.
Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.